5.27.2010

May 26, 2010

Happy Preschool Graduation to Alivia!!

Happy 9th Wedding Anniversary to Gregg & Amy!! (this post is in Periwinkle in honor of that special day--it's not quite purple, but not quite blue.  And FYI this is not really periwinkle, it's too purple)

Busy, busy day...getting very special presents for everyone.  Alivia got a new bike and a book.  Amy got flowers and a wall plaque that says "and they lived happily ever after".  Gregg got a coffee pot.  

For the longest time Alivia insisted that she was not wearing a cap and gown.  Last Saturday we walked up to the high schools graduation and she saw all the graduates in their caps and gowns and decided that she would wear it.  Then came the actual day and she was in hysterics, hysterics ~ at 5!!, over having to wear a dress under the gown.  Why?  Because no one else would be wearing a dress and she looked ugly.  Was I having a bad dream where I flash forward 10 years?  No, no, this was actually happening! Mean mommy that I am I did not cave, and whatta ya know, every girl was in a dress and every boy in dress clothes.  I did get her some really cute pink-glitter tennis shoes to wear.  She wore them without a fuss, but she didn't love them like I thought she would.

I have mixed thoughts about preschool and this preschool.  I have been told by many that this is one of the preschools that you can tell kids have learned what they need to and are more than ready for kindergarten.  Yes, she can write, read a little, count, etc.  But I'm not sure about her social development.  Maybe it's her age, maybe it's that she didn't like her teacher, the kids in her class were brats not the nicest...I just hope that kindergarten is better...better kids/friends, teachers and as much as I hate to admit it, uniforms.  I'm all for uniforms--starting in middle school--elementary kids don't have much choice, their parents dress them.  And this is the last time we get to dress them and they have such cute clothes for this age.  But on the other hand, I will no longer have to fight with my mini-Amy who only wants to wear jeans and t-shirts, ugh!

House news~Counter top was finally installed last Monday, and it only took 8 weeks and 8 hours!  We closed on Friday (yea, only one payment!!), we had our first party on Saturday for Becca's birthday (that's a whole 'nother post), school's out for summer (again, a whole 'nother post), and vacation is in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment